Jun 26, 2010

Toy story

Every piece of toy means a lot to a kid. I didn't have many toys when I grew up. Dad worked really hard at that time and Mom was busy, too. Besides teaching junior highs in school, she has three daughters at home waiting to be educated. :)
Every Christmas Day, we will get one toy from the Santa Claus. On birthday, we sometimes will get toys from Mom & Dad, too. But the Santa Claus one is always the most special one cuz it'd be exactly what I prayed for the night before!
I don't remember all the magic gifts but I remember the joy and surprise every year till I was 12.
One year, I saw a music box doll in the department store but it's out of budget. He smiles at me and plays beautiful tunes lightly. I looked at him for a long time. But I didn't ask for it.
Although it's what I'm dying to get for but I know it's too much for Santa to get. The next morning, I opened the box expecting the gift I prayed for last night would show up. Then I saw the doll standing in the box smiling at me. After that night, I let him to play the light tune every night before I fall in sleep.
Almost 20 years later, I still have him in my room in Taiwan and he still plays the same light tune gently, peacefully... Although his smile is gone from the time, it's still in my mind as well as all the other Christmas magics we had.

Good night, Charlie. It's another beautiful night here. Hope the night you have there is shinny with stars, too.


No comments: