Aug 13, 2010

Muffin...again~ (Blueberry&Cherry muffin)

馬份第二波! 黑櫻桃+藍莓 Muffin

Since last time the muffin I made didn't turn out very well, I decided to switch a recipe and give it another try.
This time I tried this Recipe, instead of 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, I used 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1/2 cup fresh black cherries.

Ingredients you'll need:
1 cup blue berries
1/2 cup black cherries
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest (I love lemon zest ^^ you may use orange as well, to add fruity flavour to the batter)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp salt

Steps:
-Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, butter, lemon zest and vanilla extract
- Stir over medium heat until the butter melts (What I did is microwave the whole thing for 1mins then take it out to stir)
- Cool until the mixture is is warm to touch, beat in the eggs
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl
- Add the milk mixture and stir just until blended
- Fold in the blueberries
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups
- Bake the muffins for about 15-20 mins (until golden and the tester comes out clean) (But if you use mini muffin cups, then baking time would be much shorter about 10mins)

After tasting...
My husband think the taste is so so and suggest me to switch...
The reason is the top texture doesn't taste like muffin and the berries/cherries are all over the muffin inside. I think it could be the reason I messed it up with the cherries or because the muffin pan we use is like much bigger than the normal one (12 in one tray). I think I may go to get a 12 muffin tray or quit making muffins forever... :P

No comments: