Aug 3, 2010

Blueberry muffin trial

It is blueberry's season here. It's hard to not buy something you see all the time and looks so yum.
Last weekend while we went to the

country for our nephew's birthday. I decided to stop by the side of road to get some blueberries from the farmer.

So here we go, in order to digest the bunch blueberries, I gave blueberry muffin a try this week.
There are plenty recipes of blueberry recipe on internet.
Today I tried this one

I found the batter is really thick and hard to stir. But that's what they said about this recipe. The batter is thicker than usual.
Other than that, I didn't know the time should be adjusted when the size of muffin is smaller!!
I made double portions of the recipe but still couldn't fill up the big muffin tray we bought in Mexico. It only filled up 5 and got a little bit left. So I poured them to the mini muffin tray for 4 muffins (really burned muffins 20 mins later...). Anyways, I think 10mins should be good enough... for next time reference ;)

For the big ones, they weren't ready yet after 20mins(it's still moist in the middle). So I put in for another 15mins then it turned out a bit too dried. I'd say total 30mins should be good enough for the big muffin tray. And DON'T fill in the tray fully. Maybe just 80% full then the crumb topping on top after. Otherwise, the batter will all stand up in the tray shaking hands...
The taste is not bad but I think to mix half thawed frozen blueberries will add more flavour to the muffin to more blueberrie~

No comments: