Oct 20, 2011

Time to Paella!!



My first time to try out Paella because the difficulty on ingredients search.
One of the most important magic spice for Paella is Saffron. I searched entire grocery store and got lucky to meet the spice vendor who was just displayed the newly ordered spices. So I ordered Spanish Saffron from him but I should've asked the price first really. It's well known as the world's most expensive spice regarding the price per weight unit. A little bit of Saffron can cost 7-10 CAD. Although you may find the non-Spanish ones in Asian market or in a lot of Fusion recipes, they just use more turmeric instead.

The 2nd task is to find the right rice for it. Since I NEVER saw it in the grocery store, plus as a proud big rice-eater for over 30 years, I don't believe I need to order the special 'Paella' rice online to make it right.

Therefore, after viewing several Paella recipes online, I decide to give this a try with creativities and guts to substitute lots ingredients and alert the cooking time by 'sense'... um...must be a rice-eater thing ;)


I will have to make it again some time before posting a recipe but here are some pictures and reference website to share first in case some of you have been waiting for a homemade Paella for ages. :)
Enjoy~


Recipes online for reference



No comments: