Mar 25, 2010

PS I love you



There were two movies in the past 5 years that I watched the 2nd time right away after just finishing the movie.
One is Inglorious basterds on the flight from SFO to TPE and the other one was PS I love you couple years ago.

It's a movie of true love that only makes me feel like to treasure our loves around us when we still can.
My favorite part of the movie is when Holly went back to the Karaoke to sing 'Love you till the end' for Jerry after he died from cancer. That's what he wanted her to do in one of his letter.

Here is the link to the video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c11IAprUW7o&feature=related

'I just want to tell you nothing you don't want to hear.
All I want is for you to say.
Oh Why don't you just take me where I've never been before.
I know you want to hear me, catch my breath.
I love you till the end. I love you till the end. I love you till the end...'

I read the book a year ago. It was not as beautiful as the movie. The movie is well done. The book got a great idea to begin with but it's more like a book about family with less romantic elements, such as the 12 letters were actually given to Holly all together in the book. And the sequence of the letter in the book is not as well arranged as in the movie. Well, I found it that way while I was reading.
But it could be just a impression effect since I watched the movie first and was in love with it right away...
Plus I am not usually a big fan of romantic books but am a loser when it comes to romantic movies... (how does that work..?)

Anyways, as a non-native speaker... I hope I well expressed and shared my feeling and thought to the book and movie.
Most importantly, thanks to the love of my life and who loves me in return, I am a lucky person to have him :)

No comments: